So, we’ve all done it! Yep! Had a sugar binge. But do you know what sugar does to your body?
Studies show that sugar is more addictive than cocaine, heroin, or morphine (no wonder we grab a sweet snack after a bad day or even right after we eat a full meal). But, consuming sugar ends up causing us more problems that you probably aren’t even aware of.
Here are just a few of the sugar effects:
* After ingesting any amount of sugar, your immune system is immediately compromised up to 80% for the next 4-6 hours.
* Sugar leads to insulin resistance which leads to type 2 diabetes
* Sugar causes inflammation in the body and also feeds cancer cells
* Sugar is one of the leading causes of obesity and inability to lose weight
* High-sugar diets have been associated with an increased risk of many diseases, including heart disease
* Sugary foods quickly spike blood sugar and insulin levels, causing increased androgen secretion, oil production and inflammation, all of which play a role in acne development
* Consuming a lot of processed foods, including high-sugar products such as cakes and sugary drinks, has been associated with a higher risk of depression
* High-sugar diets can lead to impaired memory and have been linked to an increased risk of dementia
My point is we really need to get control of sugar and not let it take control of us! If you struggle with being a slave to sugar read these tips:
- Exercise often… movement helps get your head wrapped around “healthy” and it also helps move out the inflammation!
- Get rid of the temptations… you don’t even need white sugar in your house! YOU JUST DON’T, along with those toxic Poptarts! GET RID OF THEM!
- Replace sugar with as much whole foods as possible,,, fruits, veggies, meats and nuts! When you eat healthy and cut out sugar consistently your body will stop craving the sugar and start craving whole foods.
- Get on a good Probiotic that is specific for reducing the candida in your body! Most people have Candida overgrowth. Candida feeds on sugar and actually makes you crave more sugar! (If you need suggestions here let me know. I don’t want you to waste your money)
Okay! Enough about sugar! Just do the best you can to eliminate sugar and then pay attention to how you feel! You might be amazed!